Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Chicken & Noodle Soup

A cold day like today deserves warm soup!  The schools were cancelled today because of ice.  No better time than now to make a homemade batch of chicken & noodle soup with homemade bread.  I have 5 very picky children, two of them will not eat any soup what-so-ever out of a can, but they will gobble this down in a heartbeat!  They ALL love the noodles!



When it comes to chicken noodle soup this is my "go-to" recipe.  I discovered this on Pinterest and have made it several times.  Like with every recipe I make I have a "secret special ingredient" or my own way of making it special.  My secret in this recipe is Reames Noodles!  These can be found in the frozen foods in the grocery store.  They are egg noodles and can be used for a variety of things, but the only time I really use them is when I make this soup.  Kroger has them for $1.89 a bag.  They take about 20 minutes to cook, or you can cook them longer and it is fine. If you would like to try the chicken & noodle soup recipe it can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment