Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Two Shall Become One! A New Enchilada Recipe



I have always had my favorite chicken enchilada recipe, but I just didn't care for the sauce, but the filling was to die for!  

I found a new recipe, where the filling seemed a little boring, but the sauce, oh my!

So I thought I would combine the two and I think I have found, what I think, is the perfect chicken enchiladas. This is the recipe I am going to use from now on.  

For the filling you will want to use this recipe from Paula Deen:

3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 (8 oz) pkg. cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
24 (6-inch) flour tortillas



For the Sauce use this recipe:


3 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Salsa Verde
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

Top with grated monterey jack and bake 425 for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!!

For the spanish rice, I found this great recipe here:



No comments:

Post a Comment