Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Creamy Cornbread


My first cookbook

(This cookbook is mostly all I used when we first got married). 



Before I was married, our church back in Jacksonville, Florida, First Baptist, handed out these nice recipe books one year for mother's day to all the ladies.  I was fortunate enough to receive a copy.  The recipes were complied by women in the church and is filled with fabulous recipes.  I have been using this cornbread recipe for over 20 years and it is still the best.  I always get rave reviews and there is never any left!  The best part is that is it so easy!



This is the best cornbread recipe I have found!


There are a couple of modifications I have made the the recipe above.  I do not use corn oil, but 1/2 stick of butter instead.  Also, I do not use the self-rising corn meal.  Just a box of Jiffy will do.

Preheat the oven to 400 and melt the 1/2 stick of butter in the pan that you are going to be using.
While that is melting, mix all remaining ingredients together.
When butter is all melted, pour butter into the batter and stir.  Then pour the batter into the buttered pan.   Bake 25 minutes.


One reason I like this cornbread so much is that is is not dry.  A lot of cornbread I have tried is very dry and it crumbles.  This is very moist!  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment