Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Recipe Review - Easy Chicken Dinner

If you are on Pinterest, you probably have seen this recipe floating around.  It looked so simple and good, I just had to try it.

You can see on the chicken where
 my pats of butter were :)



I thought this recipe would be great to try on a Sunday.  After church we are usually famished.  We normally eat at home and we don't want to wait around to have something prepared.  This recipe  seemed like a good one to prepare before church, put in the oven, and program the oven to bake and when we got home dinner would be ready!  Boy was I right!  When I walked in, my house never smelled so good!  We couldn't wait to try it.

The chicken was very tender and moist. I used two forks to split the breasts apart.  The potatoes were perfectly cooked, as well as the green beans.  

The original recipe can be found here.

But in a nutshell here is the recipe.

Chicken, Green Beans & Potatoes

In a 9x13 dish place green beans on one side, chicken breasts down middle and cut up potatoes on the other side.

Top with pats of butter and a package of dry Italian seasoning.  Cover with foil and bake 1hr on 350.

Before
After

It's so easy!

This will be on the menu in October!



7 comments:

  1. Does it have to be green beans? Or can it be cooked with basically any veggi.. like carrots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be any veggie! In fact, I had a friend use broccoli and I want to try it with peas next. Carrots would be wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh green beans or can I use frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it with frozen and didn't like it. I would try it with the fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Do you mean 1 package of dry Italian dressing mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, SarahB, just sprinkle on the dry packet of seasoning.

      Delete
  6. is the chicken from frozen or thawed?

    ReplyDelete