Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Breakfast Toast Cups

Breakfast Toast Cups


Our traditional Sunday morning breakfast is cinnamon rolls.  No, not homemade but these. (The only time I make homemade cinnamon rolls is Christmas morning), or when I feel like it. 

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
I have made them every Sunday for years.  Today I thought I would try a new recipe.  It's a Martha Stewart recipe, which I am usually not a fan because they tend to be somewhat lengthy and complicated, but this one seemed easy, and one that my kids would actually eat.  So,I thought I would give it a try!  So glad I did, everyone loved them.  

Breakfast Toast Cups

Preheat oven to 375º

Ingredients:

6 slices of bread, cut the crust off
6 slices of bacon
2T melted butter
6 Eggs
Salt & pepper

Directions:

Use a pastry bush and brush melted butter into each cup

Flatten out uncrusted bread with a rolling pin 

Press the bread into each muffin cup

Brush bread with any remaining butter

Fry bacon in a pan until almost done.

Place a strip of bacon down into each cup

Crack an egg on top of each piece of bacon

Top with a sprinkle of salt & pepper

Bake 375º for 20-25 minutes.  

Serve warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment