Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Southern Shrimp & Grits





One of my favorite seafood meals is just plain ol' shrimp & grits.  I don't think you can find a more easier recipe than that.  There are so many recipes out there for shrimp & grits.  But I think I have found one I really like a lot.  

This recipe book was my mothers.  It looks like from the inside writing it was given to her by Dr. & Mrs. Johnson.  The inscription says, "Mary Jane, may you have fun trying new recipes".  It looks like my mom liked trying new recipes as much as I do!



I have taken a little here and a little there, but I think I have came up with the best shrimp & grits recipe, at least to my liking.  Give it a try!

The recipe for my shrimp & grits can be found here.

For this recipe, I used the Land O'Lakes Saute Express that I talked about in my previous post.  Instead of using 1T butter and 1 T olive oil, I just used a pat of the Saute Express Butter & Olive Oil butters.  It worked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment